Legal and Copyright Issues and Privacy Statement
The Energy Institute Hong Kong (Branch) Limited "EI-HK" maintains this site "the Site" primarily in the promotion, for the public benefit, of the science of energy and fuels in all applications and uses.
Access to and use of "the Site" are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your use of "the Site" signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to them, please do not use "the Site".
1. The "EI-HK" put every efforts to ensure that the materials and information contained on "the Site" are current and accurate; the "EI-HK" offers the materials and information in good faith and believes that the information is correct at the date when you view it. However neither the "EI-HK" nor its affiliates make any representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of the materials and information. In using "the Site" you assume the entire risk of relying on the materials and information contained on "the Site" or on any site linked to of from the Site. The materials and information are supplied to you on the condition that you or any other person receiving them will make their own determination as to their suitability and appropriateness for any proposed purpose prior to their use.
2. As a service to user of "the Site" the "EI-HK" has provided numerous links to other sites, whether by Hypertext or other links. These sites are not under the editorial control of the "EI-HK" and the "EI-HK" takes no responsibility whatsoever for the contents.
3. No representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, of merchantable quality, of fitness for a particular purpose or use or of any other nature whatsoever are made with respect to the materials and information contained on "the Site" or on any site connected to or from it. Where a product or service provided by or through the "EI-HK" is referred to in the materials or information any such representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are specifically excluded. Where "the Site" provides you with a facility for subscribing to or purchasing any product or service provided by the Institute of its affiliates additional terms and conditions of contract may apply; you should read the appropriate order or registration form carefully.
4. Copyright: All materials and information contained on "the Site", except where specifically stated otherwise, together will all other elements created for "the Site" are the property of the "EI-HK" and are governed by copyright and other applicable intellectual property laws at the time they are made available on "the Site". Copies of documents contained on "the Site" may only be made available for information purposes and solely for the private use of "the Site" user. Any use or reproduction of such documents for any other purpose whatsoever is expressly forbidden. No license or right, other than the right to view on "the Site", is granted to any person in respect of any intellectual property rights.
5. The corporate name, logos and devices of the "EI-HK" mentioned or depicted on "the Site" are the property of the Energy Institute (Hong Kong Branch) and may not be used without the prior written agreement of the "EI-HK".
6. Privacy Statement: The "EI-HK" recognises and respects the privacy of users of "the Site". The "EI-HK" does not collect personal information about users of "the Site" unless it is provided voluntarily. If you contact the "EI-HK" by e-mail, your personal information including your e-mail address will not be shared with or provided to third parties.
If you purchase or obtain products or services from the "EI-HK" or its affiliates online you will be asked to provide personal information to the "EI-HK" or its affiliates. Such information will be used solely for the purpose of processing the transaction.
The "EI-HK" may collect and maintain statistics about the Web Servers used to contact it. This enables the "EI-HK" to track usage of "the Site" and of particular sectors within "the Site" and thereby to improve the content of "the Site". These statistics do not include personal information about the individual users.